Saturday, October 11, 2014

When I heard the news that Blake Lively was pregnant, I could already foresee what we would learn about the pregnancy.

It would be Perfect.

Everything.



Blake has really controlled her public image to be one of stepford wifeish. She has the perfect body, hair, marriage and now pregnancy.  I realise this sounds a like an 'eating crackers' moment and, to be honest, it probably is.  I guess I'm just tiring of the perfect celebrity life, pregnancy, marriage etc.  It makes me feel inadequate with my messy house, not-bathed-every-night-so-sue-me kids, haphazard meal times and the bedtime bullshit routine that we go through every single night.  It's exhausting.

So when I see these images and read her lifestyle (of course) blog - Preserve - there's a full on threat response and it manifests through the words on this blog.

"With a new baby on the way there is so much to do!  But before experiencing the joy of 3am screams, seemingly impossible amounts of poop and having a favorite shirt covered in reflux...There are presents to open, onesies to dye, there is cake to serve, advice to be shared and all around celebration to be had."

Add to this list - leaking boobs, sore nipples, tantrums (mine, not the child), the new daily routine of sleep, feed and cry.  But to add a little good to this list - the amazing feeling when your baby smiles for the first time, when she laughs for the first time, when you look back at her tiny clothes and are amazed by how big she has grown, when she says mama or dada....every single time.

Enjoy your pregnancy Blake.  You look amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment