Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lara Stone


Here's Lara Stone photographed while walking the dog.  There's nothing too special about these photographs - she's dressed in all black - leggings, jumper, scarf and shoes.

What's interesting is what Lara said recently regarding her pregnancy diet:

'If I'm being too strict with myself [on diet and fitness routines], then it gets too stressful, 

 I don't cook, but my husband and I have a lovely deli hear our house called Melrose and Morgan. Luckily, they feed us every day

I couldn't imagine not cooking our dinner every night.  Of course there are many nights when I would love to be spared from standing at the stovetop dreaming about the day that my children are old enough to make dinner once a week.  But the options for non-home cooked meals around our area are pretty bleak.  Mostly takeaway food and pretty disgusting at best.

So I had to have a little peak at the deli that Lara mentioned - Melrose and Morgan.  Now I know why she doesn't learn how to cook.  Here's a picture

Melrose and Morgan

Dreamy right?  I also had a squiz at their menu - Chicken, Leek and Ham Pie, Spiced Quinoa with Sweet Potato, Roast Cauliflower and Spinach salad or Portobello Mushrooms with Leeks, Hazelnuts, Lemon and Parmesan. The prices are on the high side (£3.95 / US$6 for a single Portobello mushroom), but it is located in exclusive and expensive Primrose Hill where paying six bucks for a mushroom does not make one bat their eyelashes.  

They also have a very small collection of recipes.  We've just hit autumn in the southern hemisphere so I'm going to get cracking on making a batch of their pumpkin soup.  Will let you know how it goes.

Oh and one last thing, I (obviously) didn't get paid a cent to rattle on about Melrose & Morgan.

Lara Stone

Lara Stone

0 comments:

Post a Comment