Friday, February 15, 2013


Let me start by saying that there are a lot of things that I actually like about Kim Kardashian's outfit, but I'll get into those later.

The Not-So-Good


First the not-so-good. Where Kim has gone wrong is that the dress has shortened the length of her torso and increased its width.  Not a good combination, ever.  There's too much going on in her midsection with the pattern of the sheer (again) bodice and then the detail of the feathered skirt. It's just given her the worst shape. By having two completely different materials (the sheer vs the feathers), it's cut her torso in half and the eye just immediately focuses on that junction.  Imagine the difference if the dress had been made of one material...it would floooooow.

The Good


For the good.  I love love love the leather pants under the skirt.  I really think that it's chic and 'right now'.  Plus the cut of these leather pants is perfect for her body and the right length as well.  Plus there is no embellishment or 'extras' like sheer panels, or baggy in the worst places.  And shoes, well I love most of Kim's shoes and these are no exception.  They are simple and gorgeous.

The Rest


And finally, hair and makeup.  As usual, impeccable.

Final Note


Is it just me, or has Kim looked a little down in all of the photographs of her lately?  I would love to see a smile.  Kanye doesn't look too happy either (but that may be because he realised that those awful white shoes are completely and utterly wrong with what he is wearing)








0 comments:

Post a Comment