Sunday, February 24, 2013


Malin Akerman's grungy aesthetic has slowly grown on me. At first, I didn't like her style because it was too grungy for me. Forgive me for saying this, but I thought that she was wasting her body and looks by not dressing in the usual Hollywood way.  I had a certain image of what she should look like with her blonde hair, blue eyes and long and lean body. But she kept bringing out those punky leather jackets and motorcycle boots and I kept saying over and over again that I didn't like it.

Call it a backflip if you like :) I'm going for 'evolved' :)  That's right, I like Malin's style.

So it surprised me a little this morning when I saw these photographs of Malin at a tree planting event at an LA elementary school. She looks really fresh and almost girly with her hair in soft waves and light makeup. I think what also threw me was the colour - Malin's clothes have been more muted - blacks and greys and this bright green top was a nice change.  It's not a girly top - it almost looks like a cycling jersey.  She's teamed it with a pair of leggings and her motoboots.  And it looks great.  And if I had a hat I'd eat it :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment